- What happened: IBM has detected malware on an unspecified number of USB drives shipped with its Storwize storage systems
- Which products are affected: IBM Storwize V3500, V3700, and V5000 Gen 1 systems
- Type of malware: A variant of the Reconyc trojan
- What to do: IBM is recommending customers delete temporary directories created when the installer on the drive is run, and that they destroy the USB drive to prevent further use
- Barkly customers: You are protected from this threat with Barkly's runtime malware defense
IBM is recommending customers destroy USB flash drives shipped with specific Storewize storage systems after detecting malware installed on an unspecified number of them.